Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive is an excellent primary waterproofing when mixed with mortar, screed, unreinforced concrete or plaster.
It is an essential ingredient in the construction of structural, retaining and boundary walls, floors, showers, basements, wine cellars, underground parking, ponds, swimming pools, reservoirs and water features for the prevention of rising, falling and penetrating damp.
Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive is also an excellent remedy for the plugging of leaks.
a) Add 2,5 kg* Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive to every 50 kg of cement used in any mortar, screed, unreinforced concrete or plaster mix.
b) Ensure recognized building mix ratios are adhered to.
c) Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
d) Add required quantity of water to the dry mixture using recognized building mix standards.
e) Mix wet ingredients thoroughly before use.
1. Dovetail the leaking spot with a chisel to a depth of about 50 mm and clean thoroughly.
2. Mix one part Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive with two parts of clean fine plaster or silica sand by volume, e.g. 1 cup Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive to 2 cups sand. Add a little water and mix until a putty like consistency is achieved.
3. Wear protective gloves and knead well for about half-a-minute.
4. Relieve the main water flow by inserting a piece of hose into the dovetailed cavity.
5. Pack the plugging mixture firmly around the hose to keep it in place.
6. Level the plugging mixture with the surrounding surface.
7. Allow to dry for approximately 1 hour.
8. Mix a fresh quantity of plugging mixture.
9. Have a dowel stick approximately the same diameter as the hose ready for use.
10. Carefully remove the hose using a twisting motion.
11. Force the plugging mixture into the hole and apply pressure with the dowel stick for about 1 - 2 minutes.
12. Remove the dowel stick.
13. Fill the remaining void with the plugging mixture.
14. Allow to dry for approximately 2 hours.
15. Apply two coats of Coprox Masonry Waterproofing.
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
2,5 kg cardboard box; 5 kg & 10 kg heavy duty plastic pocket.
12 months when stored sealed in a dry place.
Identification & Composition
A light grey non-flammable cement based powder containing Portland cement, calcium chloride, titanium oxide, silica sand and other minor constituents.
• May irritate eyes or sensitive skin.
• Keep out of reach of children.
+ If swallowed in significant amounts, induce vomiting, otherwise rinse mouth and drink milk. Consult a doctor.
+ If inhaled, move patient to fresh air. If respiratory irritation, dizziness, nausea or unconsciousness occurs, seek medical assistance immediately.
+ Eye Contact - flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
+ Skin Contact - wash contact areas with soap and water and apply aqueous cream.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.