Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat
- Preventative & Remedial Waterproofing for Water Bearing Positive Side Surfaces
- Decorative Textured or Skim Coat Finish
- Suitable for Brick, Mortar, Screed, Concrete, Plaster, Painted Surfaces, Dry Wall Partitioning and Clay Tiles
Trowel-on Application Instructions
Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat is an easy and effective cement based waterproofing or decorative wall and floor coating suitable for commercial and domestic applications. It is ideal for the waterproofing of water bearing positive side surfaces or interior surfaces such as bathrooms, showers and kitchens. Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat provides waterproofing and an aesthetically attractive decorative finish all in one step. It eliminates the need for plaster, paint and tiles, providing an attractive and unique naturally aged, mottled and rustic finish, which becomes more pronounced over time. It is available in a wide range of striking colours. It can be brush applied as an elegant textured finish to a variety of surfaces or can be trowelled to a classic glass smooth skim coat finish onto walls, floors and over clay tiles.
- Sufficiently aged and cured virgin mortar, screed, concrete and plaster of recognised building mix standards.
- Good quality virgin cement and clay bricks.
- Virgin clay tiles.
Surfaces should be rigid to avoid cracking. If in any doubt as to surface suitability, do a test area first.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces if rain is imminent, during high winds or freezing temperatures.
Masonry Surfaces & Clay Tiles
- Ensure the surfaces are free of any negative moisture. Should this not be the case, the surfaces must first be treated with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing or if necessary, plastered with Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive added to the plaster mix before proceeding with the application. Surfaces such as boundary and retaining walls must also be treated in this manner before the application commences.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
All surfaces must be free of dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
- Pour 7 litres of clean water into a clean plastic container. To minimise crazing and cracking, substitute 1 litre of water with 1 litre of Coprox Cobond.
- Sprinkle 25 kg Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat slowly into the clean water stirring constantly until smooth and free of lumps. Use immediately. To prevent settling, stir frequently throughout the application.
- Porous Masonry Surfaces
- Smooth or dense masonry surfaces and clay tiles
- Clean Water
- Coprox Cobond
When to apply
- While Surface is still wet
- While Coprox Cobond is still tacky
Note: If applying over tiles that have wide or deep grouting, the application may have to be done twice in order to hide the grout marks. Should this be the case, allow the first application to dry for at least one week before repeating the application for a second time.
- Key the surface according to the table above.
- While the surface is still wet or the Coprox Cobond is still tacky, spread the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat evenly over the entire keyed surface with a wooden or steel float to a thickness of 3 mm to 5 mm. The entire application must be floated without interruption to avoid noticeable overlaps.
- Once the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat has dried sufficiently, level the application with a wet wooden float.
- Then, to achieve a glass smooth finish, float the application using a wet steel float.
- On large areas, expansion joints can be utilised to minimise cracking.
- Once the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat visibly begins to dry, cure the application by evenly wetting it with a fine mist spray. Repeat this procedure one or more times to minimise crazing and powdering. In hot climates or high temperatures, cure the application more frequently.
- Allow the application to dry for at least 48 hours before use and before applying Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer. Drying times may be longer in cold or wet weather.
Care & Protection
- Do not drag or scrape heavy or sharp objects across the surface.
- Protect bathroom, shower and kitchen walls and floors against scuff marks or stains with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer.
- Allow the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat to dry for at least 48 hours before the sealer is applied. If a polyurethane or epoxy sealer is to be used, the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat must first be sealed with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer to avoid discolouration of the application.
Coverage per 25 kg (approx.)
5mm thickness – 5 m²
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
Storage & Shelf Life
12 months when stored sealed in a dry place.
Identification & Composition
A non-flammable cement based powder (in various colours) containing Portland cement, calcium chloride, titanium oxide, silica sand and other minor constituents.
Rain Penetration Test
SABS 0400:1990 report available upon request.
- May irritate eyes or sensitive skin. Gloves and goggles should be worn.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.