Coprox Masonry Waterproofing
- Preventative & Remedial Waterproofing for Water Bearing Positive & Negative Side Masonry Surfaces
- Waterproof Decorative Coating
- Suitable for Brick, Mortar, Screed and Plaster
- Available in a wide range of striking colours
Coprox Masonry Waterproofing is an easy and effective masonry waterproofing solution suitable for commercial and domestic applications. It prevents water seepage in new masonry structures and remedies damp problems in existing ones. Its unique properties make it effective for use on water bearing positive side or interior negative side above or below ground level masonry surfaces.
Its universal applications range from the preventing and remedying of rising, falling and penetrating damp to the waterproofing of structural, retaining and boundary walls; floors, showers, basements, wine cellars, underground parking, ponds, swimming pools, reservoirs and water features.
Wherever moisture is present, the crystalline properties of Coprox Masonry Waterproofing migrate into the capillaries and shrinkage cracks of brick, mortar, screed and plaster effectively impeding the progress of moisture in or out of the protected surface. There is no need to wait for damp to dry before treatment commences – the moisture assists in remedying the problem.Coprox Masonry Waterproofing will not allow the passage of water molecules. It will however, allow the passage of air, thus enabling the structure to breathe and dry.
In addition to its waterproofing qualities, Coprox Masonry Waterproofing eliminates the need for plaster and paint, providing an attractive and unique naturally aged, mottled and rustic finish, which becomes more pronounced over time. It is available in a wide range of striking colours. Walls are decorated and waterproofed in one application.
Coprox Masonry Waterproofing also serves as an excellent waterproof plaster primer for conventional paint.
- Sufficiently aged and cured, porous virgin mortar, screed and plaster of recognized building mix standards.
- Good quality virgin porous cement and clay bricks.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces if rain is imminent, during high winds or freezing temperatures.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
- Clean the surface – remove dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
- Pour 5 litres of clean water into a clean plastic container.
- Sprinkle 5 kg Coprox Masonry Waterproofing slowly into the clean water stirring constantly until smooth and free of lumps.
- Use immediately.
- To prevent settling, stir frequently throughout the application.
- Thoroughly wet the surface with clean water. Surfaces which are already wet as a result of damp or rain, do not need to dry before application commences.
- Liberally apply the Coprox Masonry Waterproofing to the wet surface using a suitable brush. Ensure all depressions, fine cracks and pin holes are covered.
- Once the Coprox Masonry Waterproofing visibly begins to dry, cure the application by evenly wetting it with a fine mist spray. Repeat this procedure one or more times to minimize crazing and powdering. In hot climates or high temperatures, cure the application more frequently.
- Apply the second coat 6 – 8 hours or more after curing the first coat.
- Wet the first coat with water and apply in the same manner as before.
The structure will only absorb sufficient Coprox Masonry Waterproofing as is necessary to render it waterproof. Powdering after curing may therefore occur. Simply dust or wash off the excess.
Coverage per 2 Coats
2,6 m² per kg (approx.)
Filling Swimming Pools,
Ponds, Reservoirs & Water Features
Remove any excess powder:
- Thoroughly hose down the surfaces several times with generous amounts of water, 24 hours or more after the second coat has been cured.
- Mop up the water.
- Fill with clean water.
Once cured, Coprox Masonry Waterproofing is non-toxic and therefore not harmful to human, animal or plant life.
The water must be free of any excess powder and allowed to age sufficiently and treated chemically before introducing fish or plants. Consult your local pet shop or water authority in this regard.
In the case of swimming pools, pH levels should be properly maintained. All chemicals should be added via the weir.
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
1 kg & 2 kg Cardboard Box; 5 kg Heavy Duty Plastic Pocket.
Storage & Shelf Life
12 months when stored sealed in a dry place.
Identification & Composition
A non-flammable cement based powder (in various colours) containing Portland cement, calcium chloride, titanium oxide, silica sand and other minor constituents.
Rain Penetration Test
SABS 0400:1990 report available upon request.
- May irritate eyes or sensitive skin. Gloves and goggles should be worn.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.