Masonry Surfaces & Clay Tiles
- Ensure the surfaces are free of any negative moisture. Should this not be the case, the surfaces must first be treated with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing or if necessary, plastered with Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive added to the plaster mix before proceeding with the application. Surfaces such as boundary and retaining walls must also be treated in this manner before the application commences.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
All surfaces must be free of dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
- Pour 7 litres of clean water into a clean plastic container. To minimise crazing and cracking, substitute 1 litre of water with 1 litre of Coprox Cobond.
- Sprinkle 25 kg Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat slowly into the clean water stirring constantly until smooth and free of lumps. Use immediately. To prevent settling, stir frequently throughout the application.
Note: If applying over tiles that have wide or deep grouting, the application may have to be done twice in order to hide the grout marks. Should this be the case, allow the first application to dry for at least one week before repeating the application for a second time.
- Key the surface according to the Surface Keying Instructions above.
- While the surface is still wet or the Coprox Cobond is still tacky, spread the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat evenly over the entire keyed surface with a wooden or steel float to a thickness of 3 mm to 5 mm. The entire application must be floated without interruption to avoid noticeable overlaps.
- Once the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat has dried sufficiently, level the application with a wet wooden float.
- Then, to achieve a glass smooth finish, float the application using a wet steel float.
- On large areas, expansion joints can be utilised to minimise cracking.
- Once the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat visibly begins to dry, cure the application by evenly wetting it with a fine mist spray. Repeat this procedure one or more times to minimise crazing and powdering. In hot climates or high temperatures, cure the application more frequently.
- Allow the application to dry for at least 48 hours before use and before applying Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer. Drying times may be longer in cold or wet weather.
Care & Protection
- Do not drag or scrape heavy or sharp objects across the surface.
- Protect bathroom, shower and kitchen walls and floors against scuff marks or stains with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer.
- Allow the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat to dry for at least 48 hours before the sealer is applied. If a polyurethane or epoxy sealer is to be used, the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat must first be sealed with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer to avoid discolouration of the application.
Coverage per 25 kg (approx.)
5mm thickness – 5 m²
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
- If swallowed in significant amounts, induce vomiting, otherwise rinse mouth and drink milk. Consult a doctor.
- If inhaled, move patient to fresh air. If respiratory irritation, dizziness, nausea or unconsciousness occurs, seek medical assistance immediately.
- Eye Contact – flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
- Skin Contact – wash contact areas with soap and water and apply aqueous cream.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared, and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.
HEAD OFFICE & SHOWROOM
48 Galaxy Avenue
Linbro Business Park
+27 (0)11 579 4300
Mon-Thu: 07h30 – 16h30
Fri: 07h30 – 15h30
Sat and Sun: closed
Rivergate Industrial Park
+27 (0)21 556 0460