Instructions – Waterproofing
Please select from the below:
- Sufficiently aged and cured, porous virgin mortar, screed and plaster of recognized building mix standards.
- Good quality virgin porous cement and clay bricks.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces if rain is imminent, during high winds or freezing temperatures.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
- Clean the surface – remove dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
- Pour 5 litres of clean water into a clean plastic container.
- Sprinkle 5 kg Coprox Masonry Waterproofing slowly into the clean water stirring constantly until smooth and free of lumps.
- Use immediately.
- To prevent settling, stir frequently throughout the application.
- Thoroughly wet the surface with clean water. Surfaces which are already wet as a result of damp or rain, do not need to dry before application commences.
- Liberally apply the Coprox Masonry Waterproofing to the wet surface using a suitable brush. Ensure all depressions, fine cracks and pin holes are covered.
- Once the Coprox Masonry Waterproofing visibly begins to dry, cure the application by evenly wetting it with a fine mist spray. Repeat this procedure one or more times to minimize crazing and powdering. In hot climates or high temperatures, cure the application more frequently.
- Apply the second coat 6 – 8 hours or more after curing the first coat.
- Wet the first coat with water and apply in the same manner as before.
The structure will only absorb sufficient Coprox Masonry Waterproofing as is necessary to render it waterproof. Powdering after curing may therefore occur. Simply dust or wash off the excess.
Coverage per 2 Coats
2,6 m² per kg (approx.)
Filling Swimming Pools, Ponds, Reservoirs & Water Features
Remove any excess powder:
- Thoroughly hose down the surfaces several times with generous amounts of water, 24 hours or more after the second coat has been cured.
- Mop up the water.
- Fill with clean water.
Once cured, Coprox Masonry Waterproofing is non-toxic and therefore not harmful to human, animal or plant life.
The water must be free of any excess powder and allowed to age sufficiently and treated chemically before introducing fish or plants. Consult your local pet shop or water authority in this regard.
In the case of swimming pools, pH levels should be properly maintained. All chemicals should be added via the weir.
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
1 kg & 2 kg Cardboard Box; 5 kg Heavy Duty Plastic Pocket.
Storage & Shelf Life
12 months when stored sealed in a dry place.
Identification & Composition
A non-flammable cement based powder (in various colours) containing Portland cement, calcium chloride, titanium oxide, silica sand and other minor constituents.
Rain Penetration Test
SABS 0400:1990 report available upon request.
- May irritate eyes or sensitive skin. Gloves and goggles should be worn.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed in significant amounts, induce vomiting, otherwise rinse mouth and drink milk. Consult a doctor.
- If inhaled, move patient to fresh air. If respiratory irritation, dizziness, nausea or unconsciousness occurs, seek medical assistance immediately.
- Eye Contact – flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
- Skin Contact – wash contact areas with soap and water and apply aqueous cream.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared, and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.
HEAD OFFICE & SHOWROOM
48 Galaxy Avenue
Linbro Business Park
+27 (0)11 579 4300
Mon-Thu: 07h30 – 16h30
Fri: 07h30 – 15h30
Sat and Sun: closed
Rivergate Industrial Park
+27 (0)21 556 0460