Where Coprox Masonry Waterproofing is used as a decorative finish, it is still applied in exactly the same manner as a waterproofing application. (see Waterproofing Instructions)
For aesthetic purposes however, the application should only start once all building or renovation work has been completed, as cement coatings cannot be easily touched-up once dry without leaving noticeable patch marks.
An entire wall (corner to corner) should be completed without interruption. Cutting around window and door frames, light fittings and cornices must be done as and when they are encountered and not prior to application.
Work in manageable sections. Do not allow previous sections to dry before continuing with subsequent sections – overlap marks will be noticeable if wet and dry edges of sections overlap each other. Work section by section and complete the entire surface area without interruption.
On high walls or large surface areas, one applicator should apply from the top down while another applies from the bottom up, or one applicator applies from the left side and another from the right.
The same colour must be used for both the first and second coat. The second coat may appear lighter than the first coat.
When being used in bathrooms, showers and kitchens the application should be sealed with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer to prevent staining.
- May irritate eyes or sensitive skin. Gloves and goggles should be worn.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed in significant amounts, induce vomiting, otherwise rinse mouth and drink milk. Consult a doctor.
- If inhaled, move patient to fresh air. If respiratory irritation, dizziness, nausea or unconsciousness occurs, seek medical assistance immediately.
- Eye Contact – flush thoroughly with water for at least 15 minutes. Consult a doctor.
- Skin Contact – wash contact areas with soap and water and apply aqueous cream.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared, and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.
HEAD OFFICE & SHOWROOM
48 Galaxy Avenue
Linbro Business Park
+27 (0)11 579 4300
Mon-Thu: 07h30 – 16h30
Fri: 07h30 – 15h30
Sat and Sun: closed
Rivergate Industrial Park
+27 (0)21 556 0460