Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat
- Preventative & Remedial Waterproofing for Water Bearing Positive Side Surfaces
- Decorative Textured or Skim Coat Finish
- Suitable for Brick, Mortar, Screed, Concrete, Plaster, Painted Surfaces, Dry Wall Partitioning and Clay Tiles
Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat is an easy and effective cement based waterproofing or decorative wall and floor coating suitable for commercial and domestic applications. It is ideal for the waterproofing of water bearing positive side surfaces or interior surfaces such as bathrooms, showers and kitchens. Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat provides waterproofing and an aesthetically attractive decorative finish all in one step. It eliminates the need for plaster, paint and tiles, providing an attractive and unique naturally aged, mottled and rustic finish, which becomes more pronounced over time. It is available in a wide range of striking colours. It can be brush applied as an elegant textured finish to a variety of surfaces or can be trowelled to a classic glass smooth skim coat finish onto walls, floors and over clay tiles.
- Sufficiently aged and cured virgin mortar, screed, concrete and plaster of recognised building mix standards.
- Good quality virgin cement and clay bricks.
- Good quality paint.
- Virgin clay tiles.
- Dry wall partitioning.
Surfaces should be rigid to avoid cracking. If in any doubt as to surface suitability, do a test area first.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces if rain is imminent, during high winds or freezing temperatures.
- Ensure the surfaces are free of any negative moisture. Should this not be the case, the surfaces must first be treated with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing or if necessary, plastered with Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive added to the plaster mix before proceeding with the application. Surfaces such as boundary and retaining walls must also be treated in this manner before the application commences.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
- Surfaces should be a good quality paint.
- Ensure no negative moisture is present.
- Remove any loose or peeling paint.
- High gloss and enamel paints should be sanded.
- Surfaces must be completely dry.
Dry Wall Partitioning
- Cover dry wall partitioning joints with suitable jointing tape.
- Prime the entire surface with a suitable oil based primer.
All surfaces must be free of dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
First Coat & Second Coat
- Key the surface according to the table above.
- Liberally apply the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat to the keyed section using a suitable brush (the brush type will determine the texture of the application). Ensure all depressions, fine cracks and pin holes are covered.
- Once the Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat visibly begins to dry, cure the application by evenly wetting it with a fine mist spray. Repeat this procedure one or more times to minimize crazing and powdering. In hot climates or high temperatures, cure the application more frequently.
Should a Second Coat be required
- Apply the second coat 6 – 8 hours or more after curing the first coat.
- Wet the first coat with water and apply in the same manner as before.
- The second coat may appear lighter than the first coat.
When being used for decorative purposes, bathrooms, showers and kitchens should be sealed with Coprox Wall & Floor Clear Sealer to prevent staining.
Coverage - 1 coat per 25 kg (approx.)
Cleaning Tools & Equipment
Use clean water. Product and waste water containing product should not be discharged directly into drains and waterways.
Storage & Shelf Life
12 months when stored sealed in a dry place.
Identification & Composition
A non-flammable cement based powder (in various colours) containing Portland cement, calcium chloride, titanium oxide, silica sand and other minor constituents.
Rain Penetration Test
SABS 0400:1990 report available upon request.
- May irritate eyes or sensitive skin. Gloves and goggles should be worn.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Coprox International (Pty) Ltd has no control over the purpose for which its products are used, stored, prepared and applied. No warranty is therefore given as to its suitability, nor is any warranty, express or implied, given for any damage of whatsoever nature, consequential or otherwise, arising out of the use of its products.